Friday, May 4, 2007

Persian Delight

Haven't posted in a long while due to many reasons, but mainly cos FF has been taking up most of my time and I've stopped taking pics of food because I couldn't be bothered anymore (and people give me these weird looks when I whip out my camera to take a picture of my plate) but won't let that stop me. I'll be snapping away soon.

Anyway went to Sufi's last week a really cute, secluded Persian restaurant - more like a cafe (that does Italian food too. It's on Lower Stephen's street, right across Bia Bar) I've been there before and the best thing on the menu no doubt is the Chicken Kebab: "Delicious Mediterranean dish marinated with olive oil, lemon juice, spices, skwered with fresh vegetables, grilled and served with saffron rice and side salad." The saffron rice is the tie-breaker. Hands down. Anyway last week I had their beautiful almond cake and a moccacino. The coffee was sub-par but the cake was really aromatic and nutty.

They also do a range of pizzas, pastas and other Persian/Arabic cuisine. The best thing is the intimate, secluded location and cute, earthy decor. The smell of that rice will get you every time you walk down!

No comments: