Sunday, June 24, 2007

CAKE Serendipity

Later on the same day after the Cake Cafe disappointment, we headed for the Epicurean Food Hall after we helped JL buy a pair of jeans. A had left to see some god-awful concert in Malahide and N joined us, poor thing got drenched in the monsoon rain we've been relentlessly subjected to for the past month.

So anyway N bought us cappuccinos and some cake and truly I thought I was all caked out, but I was so pleasantly surprised by what's called real cake in front of me that I couldn't resist). N had the Death by Chocolate, which is what Choc cake is supposed to be like, soft, spongey and gooey in the centre (although I'm not a choc cake fan).


JL and I split the Strawberry Cheese Cake, which, as I always say is not really a cake (it's a cheese-based dessert, with crust and cheese cream filling) but dammit, it was good: soft, creamy and with perfect strawberry-kick. Our cappuccinos were nice and frothy too, with cute designs I didn't want to disturb.

It was by accident that we ended up having these desserts, as Moonstruck Cafe, (I think is what it's called) was not on my cake-hunt review list. The cake was good but these cakes are as ubiquitous in Ireland as the Irish rain and still no comparison to cakes elsewhere in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, just came across your blog, if you want graet cake head to the sunday farmers market in ranelagh.every sunday 10-4... get there early though.....................

I am Cake said...

thanks, will defn check it out :)