Friday, July 6, 2007

July 4th Celebrations


So it being 4th of July n all, the girls decided to have some American food to celebrate! We had intended to go to Captain America's but it was all booked out when we arrived, so instead we decided on TGIF's on St Stephen's Green.

I was craving a hamburger and milkshake, so I decided to try their vegetarian burger. I made the right choice. There was actually a burger between the bread (unlike Bobo's) : mushrooms, carrots, corn, pulse, chilli, rice, potato and coriander in a golden crumb and best of all topped with a really tangy guacamole and Mozzarella cheese, served with salsa. Absolutely yummy with fries and my banana shake. (Not the same as the shakes in Captain America's though which are twice the size and they do a butterscotch flavour, which is like milkshake-heaven, so they get my vote)

M got a regular cheeseburger and MR got a BBQ
cheeseburger with same trimmings and BBQ sauce while Pen decided to be the odd-one-out and went for a steak.

(MR and M wearing black, obviously I was the only one who didn't get the memo)

The food was great but the service was not so good. We had to catch a movie at 8, and we practically gobbled the food down when it finally came because they took practically an hour to serve us.

Although I'm pretty sure most places like these take this same amount of time to prepare and serve (same deal with Pizza Hut and Cap'n Americas) so I guess it wasn't really their fault, we were just in a rush.

I had heard awful reviews about TGI Friday's in Ireland before so I was pleasantly surprised by their food (have to say burgers are much better than the same in Eddie Rocket's and Captain America's) and most of all, the atmosphere. I've always said diners like these don't have the same feel as they do in America, the party atmosphere, huge crowds, young vibe, but TGI Fridays in St Stephen's definitely delivered on the ambiance. Maybe cos it was 4th of July after all.

No comments: