Tuesday, March 6, 2007

More Black Forest Huntin

Marks and Spencers in Jervis has a really nice bakery section where they do fresh cakes and pastries. (I highly recommend the Tiramisu - even better than the one in restaurants)

A small, dark circular cake thingy caught my eye, and the little sign beside it said Black Forest Delice....Delice?? hmm what the hell I thought, so I bought a piece. After what was like half an hour in the queue. I took a bite before I was even out of the store. It wasn't black forest. It was a chocolate cake, one layer immersed in some (yummy) syrup with a white fudgy layer in the middle and more chocolate on the top. Not Black Forest. Oh no. Another cake going incognito as the Big BF. But they can't fool me. Waste of a €3.20 though. Should have taken a picture to expose the culprit.

Until next time on the Great Black Forest Hunt....!

No comments: