Sunday, March 11, 2007

More Choc Soup shennanigans










So I decided to take my friends to Chocolate Soup, and this time we all got to experiment. I got the French toast, which aint nothin' like a French toast. It's more toast with cream cheese, and walnuts. Served with maple syrup (I heart maple syrup). Now I was in the mood for something sweet and the toastie was very savoury unless I dipped it completely in maple syrup, which I'm guessing was the idea (although not enough maple syrup) but probably more appropriate as breakfast and not as dessert. The guys got Fresh fruit fondue which was quite smashing, fruit was fresh (did not taste like out of a can), the choc was bitter (although some did not like that) and it also came with marshmallows and popcorn! trés cute! J asked for a choc-fudge sundae and they gave her choc soup instead. So not right! (Just the other day I was complaining about the crappy service in Ireland when it comes to food and am not happy to say that unfortunately choc soup aren't too big into their customer service either)

Anyway J asked twice if that was her sundae, and the bewildered manager told her (quite harshly) "Yes it's hot chocolate sundae" so J was like whatever, maybe she was wrong. Of course one spoonful and she knew that it was chocolate soup not sundae. She felt sick, cos 'eating' choc soup is like eating hot chocolate with a spoon. And copious amounts of whipped cream. How can you mix soup up with sundae? Duh!

An hour later, and the chocolate fondue in the cup had solidified, that's how cold it was. See JL looking bemused.

Everyone loved the location, one thing I hadn't noticed before was how you could walk on this see through glass strip on the floor oh, and the Habitat lights rock!

Next time I'm trying the Brownie-icecream sandwich! and their hot fudgalicious cake!

PS: L told me that apparently Haagen Dazs do fondue as well, and so do Brasserie 66, next stop...Fondue baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that the french toast in the second picture, looks amazing and yum. must try that the next time i'm there

I am Cake said...

yup it's after the fondue. it is yum, but savoury yum not sweet as you'd expect a french toast to be. still something different!!