Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cafe Bar Deli

JL, D, C and me were at Cafe Bar Deli, Grafton St, last week to grab a quick meal. Their menu isn't bad but a tad bit pricey for what it is. JL and C got pizzas which tasted great but were a bit too bland and homely-looking for my liking. Referring to the four, sad-looking basil leaves atop his pizza C remarked "The leaves flew in", which is exactly what it looked like. D loved his Caesar Salad but it was too small and my Feta cheese, broccoli, and chickpea salad was OK but bland. But salads are supposed to be bland right? Cos I've had their Spaghetti with ricotta before and it rocked. Maybe I was just in a foul mood. Since everyone was still hungry and I have a perennial sweet tooth we got the Brownies and the Nut Sundae with fudge sauce. Two of the three different ice-cream flavours on it were good (Caramel and Vanilla, not a fan of choc icecream) but the crumbly biscuit base really ruined it. Plus the glass started to leak halfway through and the spoon is just too long to hold right. OK so I'm just blaming the poor dessert for my slobiness. Really Cafe Bar Deli isn't all that bad, I'll stick to my favourite Spaghetti with ricotta next time though.

No comments: