Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Noodle Story



Ok so I'm never going to Yamamori again. The reason we chose Yamamori was to have a goodbye dinner for S who was heading off for a year to Japan to work, so we thought why not, fits the occasion perfectly. However S couldn't make it and it was just the six of us and chopsticks. I was in the mood for some udon noodle soup, but I couldn't have any because not only does the Yamamori menu suffer from a dearth of vegetarian options, but let's say you decide to settle for chicken, a lot of their dishes (esp the soups) are all pork-based!


So there I was, stuck with not much. I could have gone for the veggie box that R got, but I can't stand Tofu (rubbery texture, tastes of nothing) and I was not in the mood for over-priced salmon. I wanted noodles, in some shape or form, so I decided to get the same as last time: stir- fried egg noodles with chicken. Not bad but nothing special. LR got a steak with stir-fried vegetables and MM and MR got the ginger chicken and K got the Udon noodle soup. No-one else complained so I'm gonna hazard a guess and consider myself picky.



Didn't have room for dessert but who can resist a brownie? Unfortunately it was dry and crumbly, very unlike a brownie. Nice whipped cream though. Great location, cool atmosphere and food isn't bad but if you're as picky as me, look elsewhere, as everything contains either seafood (can't do prawns) or some pork based ingredient or tofu (if going for the vegetarian option)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The salmon Teriyaki isn't over-priced at all - it's the best salmon i've ever had, even after RhodesD4! And for dessert, you really should've tried their New York Style Cheesecake... it is absolutely delicious. Such a pity you didn't like Yamamori, though...

I am Cake said...

i used to like yamamori, im just sick of it. it is overpriced when you're not that hungry and not in the mood for salmon. anyway my point is salmon and all kinds of fish is overpriced in ireland, so yamamori aren't any diff.
they didn't have cheescake on their menu, from what i remember. and cheesecake in ireland is horrible, so i make a habit of not ever getting any outside the US. by the way best salmon i've ever had is in K3 restaurant!