Sunday, August 12, 2007

I Love Nandos!

I love Nandos. If there was one in Ireland, you'd always find me there, tucking into the spiciest, yummiest, crispiest chicken ever. I never saw the fascination, there's one hugely popular in Karachi too and dad brought us to the one in Manchester and I was like why not just get an Indian instead? But Nando's chicken rocks. It tastes different to Indian grilled/roasted chicken dishes, like Chicken Tandoori. It is much spicier and hotter as it's prepared a totally different way using Peri-Peri, the Portuguese (African) chili pepper also known as the African bird's eye.Nando's use it in all its sauces and marinades for their roast chicken dishes.

As far as I'm concerned nothing is hot enough if it doesn't leave your eyes misty and the tip of your tongue tingling minutes later after the food has passed your palate, and Nando's Extra-Hot chicken checks all the right boxes. But for the chili-sensitive among you their meals range from the Extra Hot variety to the completely mild Lemon and Herb. But I guess I am not surprised why it's so popular with the Pak and Indian diaspora.

Most of all their peri-peri sauces are to die for: Extra Hot, Garlic, and Wild Herb. If the bottles weren't so huge, I'd have slid one under my sweater. (Er, just joking, you can buy their sauces from their restaurants too)

Now when are they opening one in Dublin? Can Irish taste-buds handle the fire?

No comments: